I am trying to get to the point where I don’t have to buy any chemical cleaners. They are convenient, yes, but they are overpriced and full of nasty chemicals. Next on my list was toilet cleaner. I found several recipes online and this is the one I like best (so far!).
- squirt bottle
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 t. liquid castille soap
- squirt tea tree oil
- Find a squirt bottle that will help you reach the underside of the toilet rim. I used an old floor cleaning bottle with the squirt hole enlarged so the baking soda wouldn’t clog it.
- Stir baking soda and water.
- Stir in castille soap and tea tree oil.
- Shake well before each use.
- *I let mine sit in the toilet for a few minutes before scrubbing.